|About Assam - Organically Grown Black Tea
The Assam river valley in North Eastern India is the only locale outside of China where tea is believed to be indigenous. First discovered in the 1820's, Assam tea has earned a reputation for being a strong and malty tea. The Rembeng estate produces this organically grown, broken leaf tea every spring.
A Few Words On Taste
If a strong and robust cup of tea is what you are looking for you will appreciate the assertive character and distinct malt flavor of this broken leaf organically grown Assam. The addition of milk is highly recommended.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes
(if a longer time is allowed the tea will become bitter), then
Ingredients: 100% organically grown Assam black tea from India.