|About Golden Monkey - Black Tea
Organically grown, hand-picked and crafted in the Fujian province of China, Golden Monkey is an exceptional tea. It is distinguished by the golden hairs found on many of the leaves. Our Golden Monkey tea comes from the Tanyang village which began producing this high quality tea for export over 150 years ago.
A Few Words On Taste
The infusion is dark and has an aroma reminiscent of honey with a drop of sweet molasses. The cup is medium-bodied, mellow, with notes of malt and cocoa beans. It is excellent unaccompanied or with milk and/or sugar.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes (if a longer time is allowed the tea will become bitter), then serve.
Ingredients: 100% Organically grown Chinese Black tea.