|About Himalayan Dawn - Black Tea
The spring rains signal the 1st growing season (1st flush) for tea in the Himalayan foothills. A few months later the 2nd growing season (2nd flush) for tea in this region begins. Our Himalayan Dawn is a 2nd flush tea plucked from gardens located 2800 ft. above sea level and is crafted entirely by hand.
A Few Words On Taste
The infusion is light amber and has an aroma of sweet Muscat grapes. The liquor is bright, delicately dry with a piquant, flowery Muscatel flavor. Try it alone first, then add your preferred sweetener if desired. Milk is not recommended though not entirely discouraged.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes (if a longer time is allowed the tea will become bitter), then serve.
Ingredients: 2nd flush, black tea from the Temi Estate in Sikkim, India.