|About Canela - Organically Grown Cinnamon Flavored Black Tea Blend
The Assam river valley in North Eastern India is the only locale outside of China where tea is believed to be indigenous. First discovered in the 1820's, Assam tea has earned a reputation for being a strong and malty tea. The Rembeng estate produces this organically grown, broken leaf tea every spring.
We blend this exceptional tea with cinnamon chips and cinnamon flavor oil to give it that strong and sweet cinnamon quality. The bright orange safflower threads make it more visually appealing.
A Few Words On Taste
If a lively and robust cup of tea is what you are looking for you will appreciate the assertive character and cinnamony flavor of this broken leaf organically grown flavored tea blend. The addition of milk and or sugar is highly recommended.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes
(if a longer time is allowed the tea will become bitter), then
Ingredients: 100% organically grown Assam black tea from India, organically grown cinnamon chips, natural cinnamon flavor and organically grown safflower blossoms.