|About Iron Goddess of Mercy - Oolong Tea
It is legend that the Goddess Quan Yin, aka The Iron Goddess of Mercy, gifted this variety of tea plant to a devotee to reward his faith. She told him to care for the plant and share it with his neighbors and it would bring prosperity to the village. Our Tie Guan Yin is grown in small gardens on the Anxi Mountains in China and is harvested in the late spring.
A Few Words On Taste
Each steep unfurls the tightly rolled green leaves a little bit more to reveal the floral aromas and subtle flavors so characteristic of a high quality Oolong tea. It brews a medium-bodied cup that has a clean finish. Try it alone, then add your preferred natural sweetener if so desired. Milk is not recommended.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 2.5 minutes, (if a longer time is allowed the tea may become bitter) then serve.
- Steep this tea 2 or more times. The 2nd and 3rd infusions can be the best.
Ingredients: 100% Chinese Oolong tea.