|About Wen Shan Bao Zhong - Oolong Tea
Lovers of Oolong tea will truly enjoy it. If you are new to drinking Oolong tea do not pass the opportunity to try this rare quality Bao Zhong. Grown in the Wen Shan region of Taiwan and produced in small batches on family owned farms, this harvest demonstrates the genuinely unique craftsmanship of the Taiwanese tea maker.
A Few Words On Taste
Unfolding little by little with each infusion the uniformly long, dark green leaves reveal a complex flavor experience to the palate. With an aroma suggesting honeysuckle and sweet grass, the lightly floral liquor surprises the palate with a buttery finish. When the cup is emptied the experience does not end; the lingering aftertaste is remarkably soft and sweet. We do not recommend sweetener or milk.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to 190°F (87.8°C).
- Measure approximately 1 rounded Tblsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea, thoroughly wetting all the leaves. Steep for 3-4 minutes (if a longer time is allowed the tea may become bitter), then serve.
- Steep this tea 2 or more times. The 2nd and 3rd infusions are often the best.
Ingredients: Lightly oxidized, Taiwanese Oolong tea.