|About Yang Xian Mao Feng - Organically Grown Chinese Green Tea
The Jiangsu province of China is home to the famous Yi-Xing teapot and to the organic gardens where this tea is cultivated. Gently rolling hills and sunny skies make it an optimal location to grow tea. The bud and the first two leaves are plucked, heated, twisted, then dried. The resulting leaf is long, dark green, and aromatic.
A Few Words On Taste
Fresh, and slightly herbaceous describes the first tastes you will note upon drinking this tea. The finish is smooth and leaves a lingering flavor of sweet fruit in your mouth. Try it alone first, then add your preferred natural sweetener if so desired. Milk is not recommended.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to 180°F (82.2°C).
- Measure approximately 2 tsps. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, Yi-Xing pot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 2.5 minutes, (if a longer time is allowed, the tea will become bitter) then serve.
- Steep this tea 2 or more times. The 2nd and 3rd infusions can be the best.
Ingredients: 100% organically grown Chinese green tea.