|About Red Amaranth Jasmine Jasmine Scented Pearl Blossom Display Tea (White Tea)
The long white tea leaves are scented more than three times with night blooming jasmine blossoms and are tied to conceal a red globe amaranth flower. Amaranth is traditionally used to decongest the lungs, jasmine to soothe the whole body (especially the eyes). The cultivar for this tea is the Da Bai Cha bush. It produces the large and delicately flavored leaves and buds needed to make this spectacular, unique tea.
A Few Words On Taste
Jasmine aroma and flavor, with the touch of sweetness that comes from the red globe amaranth, are present in this exquisite display tea. We do not recommend the addition of milk, though your favorite natural sweetener may be added if desired.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Use one pearl per 15 ounces of water.
- Pour the heated water into a clear glass vessel. We recommend the Bodum double-walled Pavina glass and the Bodum 'Te de Chine' brewing cup.
Note: If you use a different glass make sure it's made of tempered glass, if not the glass may crack or shatter when you pour in the hot water. One trick to avoid this is to place a metal utensil in the glass before adding the hot water. This can absorb some of the heat and keep the glass from shattering.
- Next, drop the pearl into the glass and watch it bloom. It takes about 45 seconds for the pearl to open. Let steep for another 2-3 minutes, then it's ready to drink. Keep the blossom in the glass while sipping and add more hot water as you drink. One pearl will easily make more than 25 ounces of tea.
Ingredients: Jasmine scented, Chinese white tea and red globe amaranth blossoms. Hand-tied with food grade cotton string. Contains caffeine.