|About Red Globe Chrysanthemum - Pearl Blossom Display Tea (Green Tea)
Beautiful green tea leaves are hand-sewn around red amaranth and chrysanthemum blossoms. Amaranth is traditionally used to decongest the lungs and chrysanthemum has been used as a cooling tonic for centuries. The cultivar for this tea is the Da Bai Cha bush. It produces the large and delicately flavored leaves and buds needed to make this spectacular, unique tea.
A Few Words On Taste
Refreshing green tea flavor is imbued with the delicate sweetness of the red amaranth flower while the yellow chrysanthemum imparts a refined, dry quality to the finish. We do not recommend the addition of milk, though your favorite natural sweetener may be added if desired.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Use one pearl per 15 ounces of water.
- Pour the heated water into a clear glass vessel. We recommend the Bodum double-walled Pavina glass and the Bodum 'Te de Chine' brewing cup.
Note: If you use a different glass make sure it's made of tempered glass, if not the glass may crack or shatter when you pour in the hot water. One trick to avoid this is to place a metal utensil in the glass before adding the hot water. This can absorb some of the heat and keep the glass from shattering.
- Next, drop the pearl into the glass and watch it bloom. It takes about 45 seconds for the pearl to open. Let steep for another 2-3 minutes, then it's ready to drink. Keep the blossom in the glass while sipping and add more hot water as you drink. One pearl will easily make more than 25 ounces of tea.
Ingredients: Chinese green tea and red globe amaranth and chrysanthemum blossoms. Hand-tied with food grade cotton string. Contains caffeine.