|Indian Masala - Organically Grown Chai Spice and Black Tea Blend
Chai is a traditional Indian blend of spices and black tea. The spice mixture is usually boiled first and the tea added at the last moment, then combined with milk and honey. It is enjoyed at all hours of the day and evening. Our Indian Masala is not technically a chai in that the black tea is already in the blend; boiling it would be a bad idea. We hand grind the spices to the perfect size so that steeping the blend will produce an excellent cup of "chai".
A Few Words On Taste
The spices are well balanced, each one standing out on its own, as well as blending and complementing the other flavors. The finish is long with a subtle spicy bite that lingers on the back palate. The addition of honey and milk are recommended.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to 195°F to boiling. (90.6°C).
- Measure approximately 2 tsps. of tea per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tea in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, gaiwan, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes, then serve.
Ingredients: Broken leaf black tea from Assam, India, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, ginger, clove, black pepper and fennel. All organically grown ingredients. Contains caffeine.