|About Chamomile - Organically Grown Herbal Tisane
Chamomile is a small, usually white, flower that grows in the temperate climates of Europe and Asia, and North Africa. Chamomile has been used as a traditional cure for many ailments and is generally considered a soporific, it can be a calming drink to take before bed. Our organically grown chamomile is cultivated in Egypt.
A Few Words On Taste
Our chamomile has an agreeable aroma with a distinct scent of apples. This is a desired characteristic in chamomile. The cup is dark yellow and well-rounded. Try it alone first, then add your preferred sweetener if so desired. The addition of milk is not recommended, though not entirely discouraged.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded Tblsp. of chamomile per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tisane in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tisane and steep for 3-5 minutes, (if a longer time is allowed the tisane will not become bitter) then serve.
Ingredients: Organically grown, Egyptian Chamomile flowers. Caffeine free