|About Red Mango - Organically Grown Herbal Tisane
Long regarded in South Africa as a folk remedy for any ailment, rooibos is grown 200km. north of Cape Town in the Cedarberg mountain region. The leaves and stems of the small bushy plant are harvested, crushed, oxidized, and then dried to make this caffeine free herbal drink (tisane).
A Few Words On Taste
The infusion is dark amber in color. The flavor is sweet, broad, satisfying and refreshing. The mellowness of the cup is enhanced by the addition of sweet mango. It is fabulous solo, or a special treat with milk and/or your preferred natural sweetener. Try it iced as well.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to a boiling.
- Measure 1 rounded tsp. of rooibos per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the rooibos in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, filter basket, tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the rooibos and steep for 5-7 minutes, then serve. The rooibos will not turn bitter if allowed to steep longer.
Ingredients: Organically grown rooibos, dried mango pieces, safflower blossom petals, and natural mango flavor.