|About Royal Velvet Lavender with Rooibos - Organically Grown Herbal Tisane
Long regarded in South Africa as a folk remedy for any ailment, rooibos is grown 200km. north of Cape Town in the Cedarberg mountain region. The leaves and stems of the small bushy plant are harvested, crushed, and oxidized (exposed to air) to make this caffeine free herbal drink (tisane).
Washington State grown Royal Velvet Lavender is added to the rooibos and creates a visually appealing and flavorful blend. The lavender is aromatic and mellow. Royal Velvet Lavender is known for this quality, it is unlike Provence or Grosso, which tend to be more pungent then flavorful.
A Few Words On Taste
The citric characteristics of the rooibos are well matched with the lavender. It is stimulating to the taste buds while relaxing for the body. Try it with a drop of milk and your preferred natural sweetener for a real treat.
- Fill your kettle with freshly drawn water from the purest available source.
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Measure approximately 1 rounded tsp. of the tisane per 6-8 ounces of water.
- Place the tisane in your preferred brewing vessel: teapot, filter basket, large tea ball, etc.
- Pour the heated water over the tisane and steep for 3-5 minutes, (if a longer time is allowed the tisane will not become bitter) then serve.
Ingredients: Rooibos and culinary grade Royal Velvet Lavender. All organically grown ingredients.